Here at Blackwell’s Tax Service, we have a variety of services to help you manage your money. These include income tax preparation, accounting services, and bookkeeping. But aside from these specific things, we also enjoy sharing helpful tips with our clients and the community that can have a positive impact on your financial well-being. Here are just a few ways you can help your finances as you finish out 2016.
- Get creative with costumes. If you haven’t bought a Halloween costume for you or your kids yet, go shopping in your closet instead of the store. Homemade costumes are often way more creative. You’ll stand out from the crowd and have some extra cash in your pocket.
- Planning a holiday party? Instead of doing all the work yourself or racking up a huge catering bill, make it a potluck. It’s fun and will save you time—and money.
- Have your heating system serviced. This is a huge part of your electric bill, and a tune-up can increase its efficiency.
- Adjust your thermostat. While you’re at it, bump the thermostat down a degree to two to reduce the amount of time your heat has to run.
- Start saving now for your holiday shopping. Put back a little money each week so you can purchase gifts without going into debt.
- Make your own coffee. Pumpkin spice is nice but the cost of those lattes can really add up. Buy flavored creamers at the grocery store and put your savings in the bank.
- Of course, we couldn’t leave you without sharing a tax-related tip. If you work for yourself, you may have certain deadlines related to your taxes. Make sure you’re aware of these so you can avoid fees and avoid risking any potential refund. If you’re unsure of what you need to do, consult a qualified tax preparation service.
Working with Blackwell’s Tax Service is another smart move. We provide excellent tax preparation and bookkeeping and accounting services at affordable prices. Let us help you build a brighter financial future!